Dembare, Chicken Inn player wrangle rages

Dembare, Chicken Inn player wrangle rages
Published: 17 March 2019 (695 Views)
THERE is seemingly no end in sight to the ongoing player wrangle between Harare giants Dynamos and Chicken Inn involving winger Valentine Kadonzvo, who allegedly acquired a clearance from the Harare football giants on the pretext that he was going to the United States for studies.

Interestingly, the two teams lock horns in the third week of the upcoming Castle Lager Premier Soccer League season, which begins on March 30 and the impasse could affect Kadonzvo's involvement in the tie.

Kadonzvo, one of the six players from last season that Dynamos coach Lloyd Chigowe was looking to build a new team around, requested a clearance from the club on the pretext that he was going to the US to pursue studies only to resurface at Chicken Inn.

A number of players, including Kudzanai Nyakasaka, Phakamani Dube and Bret Amidu, have crossed over from Dynamos to Chicken Inn largely without incident.

The move by the 23-year-old player, who starred in DeMbare's fight against relegation last season, could cast his promising football career into jeopardy if the dispute is not amicably resolved.

Dynamos are demanding $8 000 from Chicken Inn over the player although it's not clear whether they have approached the Zifa Players' Status Committee.

Initial attempts by the Gamecocks to settle the matter hit a snag as the Harare giants refused a reported $2 500 counter offer.

However, the Bulawayo side is now reluctant to pay anything to Dynamos for a player who joined the club as a free agent.

"We do not have any issue with Dynamos; in fact, we are not giving them anything because when the player came here, he had a clearance letter that is why we went on to sign him," Chicken Inn secretary-general Tavengwa Hara told Standardsport in an interview.

"We are not paying attention to that. Imagine if the player had joined a lower division team, would they demand money from that team?

"What if he had really gone to the US and played for another team, would they go on to demand money?

"I think there is no issue here and we are not concerned about that because the player made a choice to join us."

On the other hand, Dynamos spokesperson Tinashe Farawo was rather reserved in his comments as he indicated that there were no new developments in their bid to get a fair share of Kadonzvo's transfer.

"The season is yet to begin, but so far there is no new development on the matter. Once something comes up, we will let you know," he said.

The Premier Soccer League has in recent times been rocked by player wrangles some of which have seen some players such as Lawrence Mhlanga for a long time frozen as ownership battles between clubs raged.

The matter was later on resolved, but the player lost a considerable amount of game time while he was on the side-lines.

- the standrad

 0

You May Like These Videos

Comments

There are no comments.

Latest stories

Prophet Makandiwa mansion raises eyebrows

by Staff Reporter | 22 July 2019 | 60 Views

Exposed Ramaphosa reacts to Public Protector's report

by Staff Reporter | 22 July 2019 | 39 Views

UCE graduation ceremony

by Dr. A. Luthuli | 22 July 2019 | 41 Views

ZERA looking to remote fuel monitoring system

by Staff reporter | 22 July 2019 | 44 Views

The corruption commission

by Clemen Moyo | 22 July 2019 | 51 Views

Government speaks on Auxilia Mnangagwa - Army fallout

by Mandla Ndlovu | 21 July 2019 | 191 Views

Chinamasa's world up in flames

by Mandla Ndlovu | 21 July 2019 | 174 Views

Teachers to shutdown schools on Monday

by Mandla Ndlovu | 21 July 2019 | 151 Views

Zimbabwe govt licenses companies for riverbank mining

by Staff Reporter | 21 July 2019 | 97 Views

ZCTU proceeds with demo preps

by newzimbabwe | 21 July 2019 | 147 Views

Mnangagwa pledges support for women's projects

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 89 Views

Mthuli Ncube needs to work his magic on inflation

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 112 Views

'The electorate believes in Zanu-PF'

by STaff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 94 Views

Mnangagwa gets Sadc boost

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 102 Views

Power shortage hits mobile phone services

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 78 Views

City fathers or city dealers at council chambers?

by Limukani Ncube | 21 July 2019 | 85 Views

Bulawayo residents call for dissolution of council

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 80 Views

Nust bursar suspended

by Staff reportet | 21 July 2019 | 81 Views

Mid-air scare for fastjet passengers

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 79 Views

Exploring the causes of Gukurahundi

by Dr Obert Mpofu | 21 July 2019 | 106 Views

Lobels shut down Bulawayo plant again

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 95 Views

Harare demands 30-year-old debt from Zesa

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 76 Views

Kalanga lobby group to produce textbooks

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 75 Views

Govt moves to tackle gold leakages

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 66 Views

Mthuli Ncube to rescue closed mines

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 81 Views

Zimbabwe reels as 18-hr power cuts

by Staff rpeorter | 21 July 2019 | 118 Views

Kirsty Coventry denies interference

by AFP | 21 July 2019 | 59 Views

Zimbabwe removes barriers to solar energy expansion

by Thompson Reuters Foundation | 21 July 2019 | 108 Views

Zimbabwe food crisis an emergency, says UN

by VOA/ UN News | 21 July 2019 | 58 Views

Can Bosso's Prince rise again?

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 36 Views

CIO operative harasses journalists

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 35 Views

Save Bulawayo from vultures

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 69 Views

The pig in Mthuli Ncube's bacon

by Zifiso Masiye | 21 July 2019 | 90 Views

Mnangagwa ally faces probe in $3bn scandal

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 48 Views

Power outage cripples Econet services

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 56 Views

Lobengula descendants demand State House

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 47 Views

Zanu-PF vote-buying scandal raises alarm

by Staff reporter | 21 July 2019 | 66 Views